Tradition wormwood is love potion protects against witchcraft, witches and mermaids.To wormwood had a special effect, it is collected in late summer, the feast of the Assumption.Use this wormwood and as a medicine has a special power in the treatment of a variety of external and internal diseases.
Appearance wormwood and the place of its growth
There are several species of wormwood, but the drug is mainly used in order to wormwood - a perennial herb of the family Asteraceae with strong pleasant aroma and bitter taste, up to 1 m in height, coveredpressed tomentose pubescence.Stems numerous, grooved, silky leaves, lower long-petiolate, pinnate, twice and thrice dissected, upper - a feather, the uppermost - three-lobed or undivided.The root comes from a short rhizome, branched.The flowers are small, yellow, baskets, collected in panicles.Flowers in July - August.Fruit - achene, ripen in September - October.
Wormwood is widespread in central Russia, the North Caucasus, in Western Siberia, gr
Medicinal raw materials are branches with leaves and flowers (flowering tops).Harvest wormwood during flowering, cutting off the tops of about 20 cm without rough parts of the stem.Air dried under a canopy, laying a thin layer and periodically stirring.Store in glass jars.
tops of wormwood leaves and flowers contain a bitter glycosides absintin and anabsintin, essential oils, volatile, alkaloids,vitamins (ascorbic acid, and carotene - provitamin A), organic acids (malic, acetic, succinic), macro- (potassium, calcium, etc.) and minerals (magnesium, zinc, copper, selenium, bromine, etc.), tannins.
essential oil of wormwood has a blue-green color and consist of terpenoids (thujone, tuyola, azulene, tuyolovogo alcohol esters).Gives the essential oil thujone Essential oils and conception: can help roses? wormwood toxic properties.
Wormwood stimulates the appetite, stimulates digestion, central nervous system and blood, has anti-inflammatory, hemostatic, antipyretic, expectorant and antispasmodic (relieves muscle spasm of the internal organs and blood vessels) properties.
But wormwood is not a harmless drug, so it is not recommended for a long time or at high doses.For an overdose of wormwood is characterized by central nervous system excitation with hallucinations and convulsions, which in severe cases replaced inhibition and impaired consciousness.With prolonged use of drugs made from wormwood may decrease hemoglobin, cause nausea and vomiting.
The use of wormwood in medicine
Wormwood is used in the treatment of various diseases:
- as a means of stimulating the central nervous system with severe weakness after infectious diseases (asthenia);
- as bitterness with a decrease in appetite and a reduced secretory function of the stomach;
- as a choleretic and antispasmodic agent in diseases of the liver and biliary tract, stagnation of bile in the gall bladder;
- as an antispasmodic agent for inflammation of the large intestine (colitis);
- for colds as an antipyretic and expectorant;
- as an anthelmintic to expel pinworms and ascarids (enema);
- as a gargle for bad breath Smell (halitosis) - sometimes it is useful to close the mouth ;
- external preparation of wormwood is used to treat wounds, burns and frostbite.
medicines from wormwood contraindicated in pregnancy, breast-feeding Breastfeeding: Breast - and no nails! child and low hemoglobin Hemoglobin: worse - low or high? .
How to prepare medicine from wormwood at home
The pharmacy you can buy wormwood extract thick (use 10-20 drops 3 times a day before meals) and the infusion of wormwood (take 15-20 drops in Zrazydaily before meals).
The home of tarragon prepare infusions and decoctions:
- infusion of wormwood for oral administration: a teaspoon of dried minced raw pour two cups of boiling water for 20 minutes, strain and drink ¼ cup 3 times a day for half an hour before meals;
- wormwood broth to rinse the mouth with an unpleasant smell: tablespoon dried minced raw pour 1.5 cups of cold water, boil for 5 minutes, cool, potsedit, overcome two hundred to the original level and use as a gargle.
Wormwood - it is certainly a useful drug, but prior to taking better to consult a doctor.