Nettle is growing in Russia under each fence.We used to regard it as a weed, and the roots uproot.But some types of nettles - it is also a medicinal plant, through which our ancestors were treated many diseases.Even today, the nettle is part of many collections of plants and used to treat a variety of diseases.
Botanical particular nettle
There are several types of nettles, but with the purpose of treatment is used mainly nettle - a perennial herb of the family nettle height of 1 m or more.The plant has a four-sided stem, covered, as well as leaves, burning long and short simple hairs.The leaves are opposite nettle, large, oblong-ovate, at base cordate, coarsely toothed at the edges, on the top dlinnozaostrennye.The flowers are small, olive-green, collected in elongated hanging brush.Fruits - ovoid-elliptical nuts with one seed.Nettle blooms from June to September, the fruits ripen in July-September.
nettle occurs throughout the territory of the country (except for northern areas), espec
Medicinal raw materials are nettle leaves, they are collected from June to September, and dried in a well ventilated area in the shade.
Leaves nettle contains a large amount of organic acids (formic acid, pantothenic, etc.), vitamins, minerals, tannins and volatile production, chlorophyll, histamine, glycosideurtitsin and some other substances.Vitamin C nettle contains more than in lemons and apples.It also contains a large amount of carotene (from which the human body is formed vitamin A), vitamin B complex and vitamin K. From the trace elements in the nettles contain iron, copper, manganese, boron, titanium, nickel.
As nettle acts on the human body
Medicines made from nettle have diuretic, choleretic, irritating, anti-inflammatory effect, activate metabolism Metabolism: The basis of life of all living , stopbleeding, tones the nervous system and accelerate recovery processes in the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.
combined action of various substances (mainly vitamins and iron salts) contained in the nettles, and normalizes the body's fat metabolism and has a stimulating effect on erythropoiesis (formation of red blood cells - red blood cells).The drugs nettle have a pronounced ability to stop bleeding because of vitamin K in them (he contributes to the development of prothrombin in the liver - blood clotting factor).
contained in nettle chlorophyll stimulates the metabolism improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting and restoration of damaged tissue, improves the muscle tone of the uterus and intestines, improves the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
Indications and contraindications
Nettle centuries used in the treatment of various diseases:
- as a hemostatic agent in various internal and external bleeding;
- for postpartum uterine contractions;
- as cholagogue in diseases of the gallbladder and biliary tract;
- as a diuretic for edema of different origin;
- as a means of enhancing the regenerative processes in the tissues of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- anemia to restore normal red blood cell count;
- as a nervous system tonic with nervousness;
- as a means of stimulating metabolism in obesity and diabetes;
- externally in the form of lotions for ulcers and wounds to improve wound healing;
- externally for dandruff Dandruff : where it comes from, and what to do and hair loss.
nettle Contraindicated in pregnancy, as increases contractility of the uterus, as well as in diseases involving increased blood clotting (thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, and so on), and states after stroke and myocardial infarction.
How to make drugs from the nettle at home
House nettle infusion can be prepared:
- infusion of nettle oral: tablespoon dried minced raw material is placed in an enamel bowl, pour a glass of boiling water, put onwater bath bath and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures for 15 minutes, cooled at room temperature for 45 minutes, strain, squeeze, made up to the initial level and take on a third cup three times a day for half an hour before a meal;
- nettle infusion is prepared for outdoor use as well as for internal use, but at the rate of two tablespoons of raw material to a glass of boiling water.
Nettle - old folk remedy, but before applying it is necessary to consult with your doctor.