Ginseng: used wisely
Ginseng have long been used as a remedy for various diseases - mainly in Eastern medicine.Today it is very popular all over the world.Because it makes nutritional supplements Food additives - basic classification , cosmetics, it is added to food and drinks, and take nothing.
Some believe that the age of the plants is important.In 1976, China was to find the root of ginseng, who was 400 years old;According to some sources, it was sold for 10,000 dollars per ounce (28 grams) and was quickly sold out.
interesting that, for example, in Western medicine, it is used as a stimulant, increasing the activity and in traditional Chinese medicine Traditional Chinese medicine and treatment of problem skin it is considered a sedative.Generally, in Chinese medicine, it is used in larger doses than the west.
representatives of traditional medicine dealing with the study of the properties of ginseng, have not yet come to unambiguous conclusions about its usefulness.
ginseng How effective?
efficacy of the drug can be evaluated on the basis of scientific data on such a scale: effective, probably effective, probably ineffective, inefficient and there is insufficient evidence of effectiveness.
Ginseng is probably effective for:
- thinking and memory.Ginseng helps improve abstract thinking ability for computing the reaction rate and healthy middle-aged people.It also helps to improve memory in people aged 28-66 years.
- Diabetes.There is scientific evidence that ginseng lowers blood sugar blood sugar - one of the main indicators of human health in patients with Type II diabetes.
- impotence in men (erectile dysfunction).Regular use of Ginseng improves sexual function in men with erectile dysfunction
- Premature Ejaculation.For the treatment of this disorder suitable oral ginseng and use various ointments, which include a plant.
probably ineffective for:
- Improving the quality of performances of athletes
- improve mood
- sharp increase in body temperature associated with menopause.Oral supplementation with ginseng does not work at hot flashes, but it can be used to deal with other menopausal symptoms - such as fatigue, insomnia and depression
There is insufficient evidence for the effectiveness of ginseng in the treatment of diseases such as:
- Breast Cancer.Studies conducted in China indicate that the use of ginseng state of breast cancer patients can improve.However, because cancer patients often take prescription medication tamikosfen, it is impossible to determine from what it improves their condition.
- respiratory tract infections (bronchitis).There is evidence that treatment of bronchitis Bronchitis - protection if the body has malfunctioned antibiotics and ginseng is more effective than treatment with antibiotics alone.
- common cold.There is no evidence that ginseng helps prevent colds, but it can be an effective means to prevent it.
- Cancer.Some researchers say that regular use of ginseng can prevent cancer of the stomach, lung, liver, ovarian, and skin.As for the development and prevention of cancer affects a huge number of factors, it is difficult to say what kind of function is performing ginseng.
- fluid retention in the body
- inflammation of the stomach and other problems with the digestive system
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Fibromyalgia
The most common side effect ofGinseng is insomnia.Less commonly it causes chest pain, menstrual disorders, chest pain, increased heart rate, increase or decrease in blood pressure, loss of appetite, diarrhea, itching, rash, dizziness, mood swings, vaginal bleeding.Some scientists believe that the effects of ginseng in part similar to the action of hormones and prolonged use can be harmful.Anyone who is going to take ginseng, it is recommended to consult with your doctor.