Yarrow and its beneficial properties: amazing power
Yarrow - one of the most popular traditional medicines.Even in ancient times it was known that is capable of stopping bleeding yarrow, and this property is widely used in the treatment of various wounds.Application yarrow can be found in many internal diseases.
yarrow Yarrow - a perennial herb with creeping rhizome, which depart from the underground shoots.Refers yarrow family Asteraceae, has direct fluffy stems in height from 20 to 80 cm. Leaves lanceolate him, next.The flowers are white, pink, yellow, red, are collected in baskets, which form complex shields diameter of 5 to 15 cm. Fruit - brown achenes.It blooms from June until the end of summer.It grows in the fields, boundary strips, roadsides, dry meadows, forest edges, steppe slopes.
yarrow is collected in the flowering stage, cutting off the leafy tops of the shoots up to 15 cm. The raw material is collected in dry weather, after the dew will come.Dried material under the eaves in the open air or in a well-ventilated area, spreading a thin layer and periodically pomeshmvaya.
the winter is sometimes harvested from a mixture of powder of dried yarrow and nettle leaves (1: 1).The powder can be stored in dry form or as slurry brewed with boiling water.Apply a powder as an external agent.
chemical composition of yarrow and its impact on the human body
The leaves contain essential oils Essential oils and conception: whetherhelp the roses? , alkaloids, resins, organic acids, carotene, vitamins C and K, volatile, tannins, and copper.The seeds of many fatty oil.
Yarrow has on the human body tonic, soothing, krovoostanovlivayuschee, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic (including by removing muscle spasm), choleretic, lowers blood pressure Blood pressure - dangerous if his swing? and astringent effect, reduces flatulence, and allergic reactions.
But the most well-known property of yarrow - the ability to stop the bleeding.It is used for any bleeding: resulting injuries, internal bleeding of any origin (gastrointestinal, uterine, lung, and so on).Stopping the bleeding is due to increased blood clotting (the action of vitamin K) and strengthening the walls of blood vessels (the effect of vitamin C).
Which diseases drugs used yarrow
drugs used yarrow:
- when various kinds of bleeding - uterine, lung, gastrointestinal, topical, resulting injury and so on;
- in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by smooth muscle spasms and pain - relieves spasms and reduces pain;
- in diseases of the gallbladder and bile ducts - reduces the effects of inflammation, spasms, improves the secretion of bile;
- hemorrhoids Hemorrhoids - a shameful disease - reduces inflammation, pain and bleeding hemorrhoids;
- the treatment of wounds, cuts and burns - reduces inflammation, activates the healing process;
- at lower immunity, including in various purulent diseases as a fortifying agent;
- obesity and atherosclerosis - to improve the metabolic processes;
- with initial stages of hypertension as a means of lowering blood pressure (in the later stages to take it is not necessary because of the increased blood clotting and a tendency to thrombosis);
- with diarrhea - as an astringent;
- at various bronchopulmonary diseases as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and expectorant;
- in allergic diseases - reduces allergic disposition;
- as a fortifying agent after a severe, including infectious diseases.
yarrow is contraindicated in pregnancy.
Yarrow How to cook at home
At home, you can cook from yarrow extracts:
- infusion of yarrow for internal use;tablespoon dried minced raw material to put in an enamel bowl, pour a glass of boiling water, cover and place in a water bath Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures and heat for 15 minutes, then cooled for 45 minutes,drain, squeeze out, bring the volume of the resulting infusion to the original level and take on a third cup three times a day for half an hour before meals;
- yarrow tincture for external use;three tablespoons dried minced raw pour a glass of boiling water, everyone else is doing the same as in the preparation of infusions for internal use;derived extract is washed the wound, applied to ulcers infusion moistened wipes.
Yarrow - the plant, which has served to our distant ancestors, grandparents and serve children and grandchildren.