Prunus - a true Russian tree that is appreciated for the beautiful flowers, delicious and healthy fruit, fruit reminiscent of cherry.It is often planted in gardens around the houses, and of flexible thin branches made hoops arc, wicker boxes, baskets and other items needed in the economy.
bird cherry Bird cherry - tree from the Rosaceae family (subfamily plum) up to 10 m. The leaves are alternate, short, elliptical, opaque bottom and a little wrinkled, on the edge - sharply serrated.On top of the stem at the base of the leaf blade has two glands.The flowers are white, fragrant, collected in the drooping hand.Sepals and petals five, stamens many, one pistil.Fruits - black globose drupe up to 7 mm in diameter, sweet, strongly astringent, with a rounded egg-bone.In the flowers of bird cherry contains a large number of volatile, which disinfected air.Blossoms in May - June, fruits in July - August.
grows in damp places in the riverine forests along streams, rivers,
chemical composition of wild cherry and collecting medicinal plants
Medicinal raw materials are cherry fruit and tree bark.Fruits are harvested ripe, dried in the sun or in ovens and dryers at 40-60˚S.Make sure that the fruit is not burnt.The bark is removed in early spring when the sap flow, dried by any available means and ground to powder.The dried raw material can be stored in a dry place for up to 5 years.
The leaves, fruits and flowers of wild cherry especially a lot of volatile organic compounds volatile production, which kill harmful bacteria and insects.
The cherry fruit contains tannins, organic acids (malic and citric), essential oils Essential oils and conception: can help roses? , sugar, volatile, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, cobalt and magnesium.In leaves, bark, flowers and seeds contain much phytoncide and glycoside amygdalin from which the human body is formed prussic acid.Therefore seeds of wild cherry, as well as cherries, apricots and other stone fruit are not recommended to be used in large quantities.
Influence of bird cherry on the human body
cherry fruit has astringent and antibacterial properties, so they are taking with diarrhea diarrhea (diarrhea) - a familiar nuisance different origins, including intestinal infections asin fresh form or in the form of decoctions and infusions.
decoction of wild cherry bark used in traditional medicine as a diuretic for kidney and cardiovascular system, as well as a diaphoretic for colds, accompanied by high temperature.This broth relieves spasms in the gastrointestinal tract.
Externally the infusion of cherry fruit is used for washing eyes with purulent conjunctivitis.Thus infusion rinse mouth and throat and stomatitis, sore throat and upper respiratory tract.Infusions of fruit, bark and flowers of wild cherry makes douching Douching - a controversial procedure at various genital infections in women.
Fresh cherry fruit, and tea made from dry raw materials, have excellent health properties.
in the fight against flies, lice and other insects use a decoction of the bark and other plant parts.
How to make medicines from wild cherry at home
House of bird cherry can be prepared:
- decoction of the bark of bird cherry: teaspoon dried minced raw pour cold water, bring to a boil, simmer for a quarterhours, then drain, squeeze, bring to a baseline of boiled water and take on a third cup 3 times a day for diarrhea, fever and swelling;
- broth cherry fruit: tablespoon dried minced raw pour a glass of cold water, put in a water bath Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures for 15 minutes and then cooled for 45 minutes, drain, squeeze,to add to the original level of boiled water and take half a cup 2-3 times a day before meals with a variety of digestive problems;
- infusion from the flowers of wild cherry for external use: tablespoon dried minced raw pour a glass of boiling water, leave for half an hour, strain, wring out and wash the eyes with conjunctivitis;
- infusion of leaves and flowers of wild cherry for washing festering wounds and ulcers: tablespoon dried minced raw pour a glass of boiling water, leave for half an hour, strain, wring out and washed with warm infusion of wounds and ulcers;
- tea from the leaves of bird cherry: teaspoon dried crushed leaves of bird cherry brew cup boiling water, leave for 15 minutes and drink as a fortifying agent.
Fresh cherry fruit can be eaten on the half cup several times a day.