Flaxseed scheme of use and contraindications
- Flaxseed scheme of use and contraindications
- Cautions and warnings
- Interactions with other drugs
Flaxseed is obtained from flax (Latin name - Linum usitatissimum).Flaxseed and flaxseed oil Linseed oil - the healing properties of a beautiful flower widely used in industry for the production of linoleum and oil paints used in painting and in medicine, internal (its use reduces the risk of stroke by 37%) and in the form of ointments and rubbing.
Flax seed is used to treat and prevent a variety of diseases, including:
- prevention and adjuvant treatment of cardiovascular diseases (coronary heart disease, atherosclerosis, hypertension, myocardial infarction);
- normalization of bowel How to organize the work of the intestine - a phased process with gastrointestinal diseases (gastritis, ulcerative colitis, constipation, colon damage due to misuse of laxatives, diarrhea, inflammation of the lining of the large intestine (diverticulitis), irritableintestine (spastic colitis) and inflammation of the small intestine (enteritis);
- prevention and adjuvant treatment of cancer;
- treatment pink and acne vulgaris (acne);
- adjuvant treatment of attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity;
- adjuvant treatment of renal failure inpatients with systemic lupus;
- treatment of menopausal symptoms, as well as chest pain;
- adjuvant treatment of diabetes;
- adjuvant treatment of obesity;
- adjuvant treatment of AIDS;
- treat depression;
- adjuvant treatment of malaria and rheumatoid arthritis.
In addition, flaxseed:
- improves skin and hair;
- used as a source of essential and polyunsaturated fatty acids;
- reduces the likelihood of blood clots, increases the elasticity of blood vessels;
- used to lower cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood;
- used for weight loss, improvement of lipid metabolism in the body
Flaxseed also is widely used in treatment and prevention of diseases of the lungs and bronchi, diseases of the nervoussystem, kidney and bladder, thyroid diseases, in the treatment of male sexual potency.
Flaxseed can effectively:
- reduces the level of hemoglobin A1c, measure the average level of blood sugar in patients with type 2 diabetes (analyzes were conducted for three months).But studies show that flaxseed does not reduce blood sugar blood sugar - one of the main indicators of human health fasting insulin levels or fat levels in the blood of patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Lowering high cholesterol.Various drugs and flaxseed products, including milled flaxseed, part-skim flaxseed, flaxseed muffin with significantly lower levels of cholesterol in general and "bad" cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein), particularly in people with normal cholesterol levelsand in both men and women age predklimaktricheskogo with elevated cholesterol levels.However flaxseed not affect the "good" cholesterol (HDL).According to scientists, the majority of flaxseed preparations do not affect the level of triglycerides in the blood, but partially skimmed linseed (flaxseed with reduced alpha-linolenic acid) increases the level of triglycerides by about 10%.
- improve kidney function in patients with systemic lupus.
- reduce the symptoms of menopause.Oral administration of flaxseed reduces some symptoms and signs of menopause in women.But in this case, it is set dosage.Thus, the daily intake of 40 milligrams of flaxseed partially eliminates "hot flashes" and night sweats, but a lower dose, such as 25 milligrams, has no effect on the symptoms of menopause.
Efficiency flaxseed is not proven ...
- the treatment of breast pain (mastalgia).According to one study, women who every day for three months is eaten muffin with flaxseed significantly reduced chest pain Chest pain: one symptom - a lot of diseases before menstruation (premenstrual syndrome).Bun contained 25 grams of flaxseed.
- the treatment of constipation.Flaxseed is rich in dietary fiber, and many consider it a good laxative.But to date there is no evidence to support or refute this assumption.
- the treatment of prostate cancer.Studies have shown that consumption of flaxseed in conjunction with a diet low in fat may reduce prostate specific antigen, a marker of prostate cancer in men at increased risk of prostate cancer.But men have prostate cancer patients, flaxseed did not affect prostate specific antigen, but lowers testosterone levels and slows the spread of cancer cells.
- the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- the treatment of cancer of the rectum and colon.
- the treatment of diverticulitis.
- the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (spastic colitis).
- the treatment of indigestion.
- the treatment of inflammation of the bladder.
- the treatment of lung cancer.
- the treatment of breast cancer in women.
- the treatment of attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity.
The secret to the effectiveness of flaxseed
Flaxseed is an excellent source of external essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6.Moreover, if the omega-6 is also present in soy, sunflower, mustard, canola and olive oil, the omega-3 found in sufficient amount only in flaxseed.Linseed omega-3 content is 2 times higher than in the fish oil, and significantly higher than in other food products.Once in the body, omega-3 and omega-6 are introduced into the cell structure, and further a positive effect on cell activity, the rate of transmission of nerve impulses.It is due to the high content of Omega-3 and Omega-6 flax seeds help to normalize metabolic processes in the body.
In addition, flaxseed is rich in fiber, which the body forms a chemical bond with cholesterol and prevents its absorption in the gut.In general, due to the effect of flaxseed on cholesterol and blood clotting decreases the risk of atherosclerosis.
Flaxseed is considered effective in the treatment of cancer because it contains lignans, anticarcinogenic substances with antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
By its action lignans are similar to the female hormone estrogen - are so similar that they can even replace the estrogen in some chemical reactions.As a consequence, the estrogen produced by the body loses its power.According to some researchers, lignans slow down the development of some forms of breast cancer and other types of cancer, which is required for proliferation of estrogen.
In systemic lupus flaxseed improves kidney, diluting the blood and lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Flaxseed harmless for adults, provided consumption for a short period.Admission flaxseed in high doses can lead to more frequent stools and diarrhea.To avoid this side effect should take flaxseed with plenty of water.Also, the consumption of flaxseed can not be ruled occurrence of allergic reactions and side effects of the gastrointestinal tract, such as bloating, pain and cramps in the stomach, constipation, diarrhea, and nausea.
Doctors recommend pay attention to the foods that contain partially skimmed linseed, ie flaxseed with less alpha-linolenic acid.
Such products are especially useful for men who are afraid of prostate cancer.Of great importance is the source of alpha-linolenic acid.Of great importance is the source of alpha-linolenic acid.Thus, alpha-linolenic acid derived from milk and meat products, a positive effect on prostate cancer.But alpha-linolenic acid, derived from vegetable sources, including flaxseed, does not affect the risk of prostate cancer.
Do not consume raw food or unripe flaxseed - linseed untreated toxic and causes poisoning.