Red Clover and its beneficial properties: the use of white clover
Once the do not call this herb red clover, white clover, white clover, dyatlik, dyatlina red krasnogolovka, bee bread and so on.But the correct name of this plant - red clover.Red clover has a number of useful features that allow you to use it as a medicinal plant, and as a honey plant.
botanical characteristics of red clover (meadow)
Red clover (meadow) belongs to the legume family and is a perennial herbaceous plant up to 50 cm. Taproot with significant branching.Trifoliate leaves, oval-elliptical, flowers are large globular heads of pink or dark purple.Fruit - egg-seeded bean.It blooms in July - August, the fruits ripen in August - September.
occurs everywhere in the forest and the northern part of the steppe zone of the European part of the country, in Siberia, in the Urals.As a medicinal raw material harvested only flowers that are cut or tear at the base of the head without any residue peduncle.Clover dried outdoors in the shade under a canopy, in attics, making sure that raw materials do not dry up, as the head-dried easily crumble.Store in a dry, dark place.
chemical composition and useful properties of red clover
heads of red clover contain glycosides and trifolin izotrifolin, trifolizin (it has antifungal properties), essential oil Essential oils and conception: can help roses? , ascorbic acid, carotene (from it in the body produces vitamin A), vitamin B B vitamins: the body useful helpers , alkaloids, resinous substances, fatty oil, isoflavones, biohinon And (it contains coenzymeQ10, influencing the energy metabolism in cells of human tissue), organic acids (salicylic and coumarin).The leaves contain ascorbic acid and pigments.
Red clover is a diuretic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, anti-sclerotic, anti-tumor, anti-allergic, tonic, astringent and toning properties.In addition, red clover is an excellent honey plant.
The use of red clover in folk medicine
Red clover is used in a number of diseases:
- as a tonic and tonic - a source of vitamins and other biologically active substances - in the recovery period after severe diseases, beriberi (deficiencyvitamins), anemia (as a source of vitamin C, which contributes to a better absorption of iron), to stimulate the protective properties of the organism (immunity);
- as the anti-sclerotic agent in atherosclerosis Atherosclerosis - a chronic disease of the arteries - normalizes fat metabolism;
- as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and expectorant - for colds, diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract;
- as an astringent for diarrhea;
- as a diuretic in cardiovascular diseases, as well as any other diseases, accompanied by edema;
- as anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and diuretic - for kidney disease;
- as an antiallergic agent - with scrofula (exudative diathesis) and other allergic skin diseases and bronchial asthma;
- as an antitumor agent for tumors of different localization;
- as an external agent for burns, frostbite, purulent wounds, boils in the form of lotions.
How to cook red clover at home
At home, red clover can be prepared:
- infusion for ingestion: tablespoon dried minced raw pour a glass of boiled water, 15-20 minutes, strain, made up to the initial level and take half a cup 3 times a day for half an hour before meals;
- infusion for topical application is prepared the same way, but the rate of 2 tablespoons per cup of boiling water;
- decoction for oral administration: a teaspoon of dried minced raw pour a glass of hot boiled water, boil for 5 minutes, cool, strain and take a tablespoon 4 times a day;
- decoction for external use 4 tablespoons raw pour half a liter of hot boiling water, cook on low heat for 10 minutes, cool, strain and use as an external agent for the washing of wounds, or in the form of lotions;
- liqueur 4 tablespoons clover flowers pour half a liter of vodka or pure alcohol diluted by half, to insist in a dark place for 10 days, then strain and take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals;
- ointment: a quarter cup of fresh crushed flowers poured a glass of water, placed in a water bath Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures in a sealed container and evaporated to a viscous mass;then filtered and mixed with an equal amount of ointment base;
- milk, boiled for 15 minutes with the heads of clover drunk as a fortifying agent.
Red clover - one of the most famous in the country of plants, which can always be used with medicinal purposes.