Melissa and its beneficial properties: decoctions and infusions
Melissa can be immediately recognized by the strong smell of lemon, it is called - lemon mint.And balm is called bee grass, because its smell is particularly attracts bees - Melissa landed long Bortnik to attract wild bees.Melissovy honey is characterized by high taste qualities.
How looks like and where it grows Melissa
Melissa - a perennial herb of the family grubotsvetnyh Direct tetrahedral branched pubescent stems height of over a meter.Leaves petiolate, ovate, serrated edge, pubescent.The flowers on short stalks sit in the axils of the upper leaves are collected at 3-10 units, strongly branched rhizome.Corolla whitish or pink with red spots.Fruit - shiny black egg-shaped nuts.It blooms all summer, the fruits ripen in late summer - early autumn.
grows in weedy places, forest edges, among the thickets of shrubs in the southern regions of the European part of our country in the Caucasus, in the Crimea, Central Asia, Eastern and Southern Europe.Melissa has always grown as a good food for bees, it attracts them to their smell, for which he was named roevnika.Grow balm planting into the soil in the form of seeds (but they do not germinate), seedlings or cuttings using stems.As a medicinal plant used the tops (leaves and flowers) plants.
chemical composition of lemon balm and its impact on the human body
The leaves of lemon balm contains a large amount of ascorbic acid, carotene (from his body produces vitamin A) essential oil with lemon smell, bitterness, tannins, organic acids (caffeic, oleanovaya, ursolic), a lot of copper.The seeds of lemon balm contains a large amount of fatty oil.
essential oil of lemon balm has a pleasant lemon fragrance and contains a number of substances that actively affect a variety of physiological processes in the body.For essential oil Essential oils and conception: whether to help roses? aerial parts lemon balm processed fresh.
essential oil of lemon balm has on the human body a calming effect, has anti-microbial properties.The leaves of lemon balm is also used as an antispasmodic (relieves muscle spasm of the blood vessels and internal organs), anticonvulsant, cardiovascular, analgesic, diuretic, diaphoretic, antiemetic, and increases appetite Helps to overcome.Medicines from Melissa normalize metabolic processes, strengthen the immune system, slow breathing, lower blood pressure, heart rate slows.
Application of lemon balm in folk medicine
Melissa is taken orally in a number of diseases:
- functional disorders of the nervous system, resulting from stress and nervous and mental overload (nervousness, depression, insomnia, migraines, increased sexualexcitability, dizziness) - as a sedative;
- for various cardiovascular diseases, including hypertension and atherosclerosis - such as cardiovascular, lowering blood pressure and sedative;
- pain in the stomach and intestines, constipation and abdominal distension (flatulence) - as an antispasmodic, sedative and laxative;
- with poor appetite - as a means of stimulating the appetite;
- in diseases of the biliary tract (including cholelithiasis) - both anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic;
- in the menstrual cycle - both regulatory and sedative;
- a total loss of strength - as a fortifying agent;
- for colds as a diaphoretic, strengthen the immune system and antimicrobial agent;
- during breast Breastfeeding - a personal choice breasts to enhance lactation;
- obesity - for normalization of metabolism.
External balm is used in the form of infusions and decoctions for the treatment of septic wounds, pustular rash, boils, rinse in inflammation of the gums and tooth pain.Extracts of lemon balm are added to the bath to remove the increased excitability and normalize sleep Dreams: how to understand our dreams .
How to prepare medicine from Melissa
drug from lemon balm is prepared as follows:
- infusion of leaves and flowers of lemon balm for internal use: tablespoon dried minced raw pour two cups of boiled water, 30 minutes, strainand drink half a cup 4 times a day for half an hour before meals;
- decoction of the leaves and flowers of lemon balm with other plants for the bath: a tablespoon dried minced raw lemon balm, yarrow, sage, oregano, mint Mint and its useful properties: aromatic freshness peppermint, pine buds, rhizome placedin an enamel bowl, pour 10 liters of cold water, boil on low heat for 30 minutes, allow to cool, filter and add to bath with warm water;bath time - no more than 15-20 minutes.
Melissa - an excellent herbal remedy that can be in the home medicine cabinet and take on their own.