Dandelion - reduces bad cholesterol
the end of May on the green grass lawn appear bright yellow dandelion flowers, which signals to us that summer will soon come.The children gather dandelions, weave of them are beautiful, but short-lived wreaths.And adults are using more efficient dandelion - as a spring salad or medicinal plants.
Botanical description dandelion
From drug to use dandelion - a perennial herb of the family Compositae height of 20-30 cm, basal pinnatisected serrated leaves in a rosette and subramose long root.The flowers are bright yellow in the form of baskets, located on the long lush floral inside a hollow arrow, fruit - achene with fluff on a long stalk.All parts of the plant contain bitter thick milky juice.Dandelion blossoms from late May to August, fruiting in June - September.
dandelion growing in meadows, fields, orchards, about roads and housing.In France, Austria, Germany, Japan, India and the United States Dandelion cultivated as garden crops.
From drug to use roots that are dug in autumn during the withering of leaves and in spring before flowering, as well as the aerial part, which is collected in the initial period of flowering.
chemical composition and medicinal properties of dandelion
Dandelion roots contain terpenes, sterols, polysaccharide inulin (40%), cholinebitter substance lactucopicrin, carotenoids (of which the body produces vitamin A), vitamin B, E, ascorbic acid, minerals (potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, magnesium, stranded, zinc, cobalt, etc.), rubber (up3%), asparagine, mucus, resins, waxes, tannins, vegetable protein (5%), fatty oil (consisting of oleic glycerides, melissovoy, palmitic, and linoleic acids tseratinovoy), simple carbohydrates (sugars).
Milky dandelion juice contains bitter glycosides and taraksatsin taraksatserin, rubber, carotenoids (e.g., lutein), vitamins C, A, B2, E, PP, choline, saponins, resins, salts of manganese, iron, calcium, phosphorus, vegetable protein,making their nutritive products.
Medications based on dandelion have a restorative effect, reduced metabolism improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting (including reducing the number of "bad" cholesterol in the blood), stimulate appetite, improve the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, stimulate the secretion of breast milk.Dandelion has choleretic, antispasmodic, laxative, antihelminthic, diuretic, expectorant, sedative, hypnotic, analgesic, antianemic, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-tumor effect.Negative properties of dandelion is that he absorbs lead and other harmful substances in the air (they usually get there from the exhaust gases), so is not recommended for therapeutic purposes raw materials collected at the edge of roads.
Application dandelion medical
root, grass and dandelion juice is used inside in the form of infusions, decoctions and juice:
- in diseases of the stomach and intestines - both improves digestion and appetite stimulating agent;
- for liver and biliary tract - both relieves spasms of smooth muscles and cholagogue;
- constipation and hemorrhoids - as a laxative;
- colds - as an antipyretic, antiviral, antibacterial and expectorant;
- elevated anxiety and sleep disorders Dreams: how to understand our dreams - as a sedative and hypnotic;
- in atherosclerosis - as a means of normalizing metabolism;
- during breast Breastfeeding - a personal choice breast - to stimulate lactation;
- for anemia in the complex therapy;
- like a sedative;
- for tumors in the complex therapy.
External dandelion juice is used against freckles (whitening effect), and to eliminate warts (antiviral effect).
How to prepare and take drugs from dandelion
Drugs made from the roots of grass and dandelion juice:
- dandelion root tincture: tablespoon dried minced raw material is placed in an enamel bowl, pour a glass of hot boiledwater, close lid and heated in a water bath Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures 15 minutes, cool 45 minutes at room temperature, strain, wring out, adjusted the amount of the infusion to the original level of boiled water and take in the form of heata quarter cup three times a day for half an hour before meals to improve appetite and as a choleretic agent;
- decoction of the flowers and herbs dandelion: a tablespoon of crushed dried flowers and herbs dandelion pour two cups of cold water, boil for 10 minutes, insist half an hour, filtered, made up to the initial level and take a quarter cup 3-4 times daily after meals forstimulate lactation;
- oil from dandelion roots and herbs: 1-2 teaspoons of dried shredded dandelion roots and herbs soaked in 50 ml of vegetable oil for 10 hours, is used topically to remove freckles, age spots and warts.
Taraxacum has a universal medicinal properties, allowing to use it in a variety of diseases.