Hardly anyone does not know how useful currants.It is harvested in the winter, rubbing with sugar and trying to keep vitamins, make compotes, jams, jams, pies added to as a filling, and just eat fresh, enjoying the smell and taste.Currants always reminds of summer, sun, green, lifts the mood and relieves fatigue.
Where grows and looks like currant
In Russia grows mainly black and red currants, which are from the family of gooseberry bushes.
Black currant - bush height of 1-2 meters, with alternate heart-shaped, mostly lobed leaves, seated below oily glands, very fragrant.Flowers are white, with five petals, arranged in loose hanging racemes.Fruit - a medium-sized black berry scented.It grows in moist open sunny places, but can grow in partial shade (flowers and fruits in such cases less), in the woods and mountain-forest belt, among the bushes.It is grown in gardens as a cultivated plant.Flowers in June-July, fruiting - in July and August.
Red currant bush also has a height of 1-2 m, le
black currant berries contain a lot of ascorbic acid (it is not destroyed for a long time, it is maintained even frozen)vitamins K, E, D, B, carotene (precursor of vitamin A), trace elements (potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron), vegetable proteins, carbohydrates (glucose, fructose), cellulose, organic acids (citric,malic, succinic, phosphoric, etc.), pectin and tannins.Black currant leaves contain essential oil Essential oils and conception: can help roses? , volatile, ascorbic acid (to a lesser extent than the berries).
The red currant berries contain less ascorbic acid, but more vitamin P (rutin), which, together with ascorbic acid strengthens the walls of blood vessels, vitamin A, vitamin E, B complex, more carbohydrates in the form of simple sugars, organic acids (succinicmalic, citric acid), minerals (especially rich in iron, potassium, iodine, selenium), pectin and tannins, coumarins.
currant Influence on the human body
Currant has on the human impact of multilateral:
- carotene, found in berries, black and red currants, plays an important role in enhancing immunity, enhance metabolism Metabolism: The basis of life of all living , it prevents premature aging, the formation of tumors, protects against various harmful substances (industrial poisons, gasoline vapors, tobacco and so on);
- vitamin E (tocopherol) also contributes to slowing down the aging process, normalize hormones, prevents the appearance of atherosclerosis;
- B vitamins - a source of energy, without which it is impossible, no biochemical process in the body;They are also required to strengthen the nervous system, improve memory;
- large amount of minerals contained in the currants, helps to activate the metabolic processes;
- pectins, which are especially numerous in the red currants, excrete toxins and waste products, including "harmful" cholesterol.
- coumarin contained in the red currants, reduces blood clotting, which is the prevention of thrombosis, myocardial infarction, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases;
- currant organic acids are a source of energy, they are particularly useful in the elderly, with fatigue;organic acids also have antimicrobial and antiviral activity.
black currant has anti-inflammatory, hemostatic, antidiabetic, protivoateroskleroticheskim, astringent, antipyretic and tonic effect.They improve appetite, increases motor activity of the intestine.Black currant juice normalizes the intestinal microflora, creating in him a favorable acidic environment.Blackcurrant leaves have diaphoretic, diuretic, choleretic and antimicrobial action, help cleanse the skin, lowers blood pressure.
The red currant berries also contain substances with anti-tumor, analgesic, warning thrombosis (coumarin) and other useful medical properties.Red currant berries contain many antioxidants Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious use , able to withstand the cancer cells.
What diseases can be treated
currant currants useful for colds, some infectious diseases accompanied by fever, and decreased immunity.They are taken for constipation, dysbiosis, hemorrhoids, various diseases of the stomach and intestines.
Infusions and decoctions of leaves of black currants are taking for kidney and urinary tract: a tablespoon of crushed dried leaves of currant pour a glass of boiled water, in a water bath Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures , filter and take a quartercup 3 times a day.
red currant berries are especially appreciated because of the large amount of pectin, which bind and remove the body of harmful substances.They recommend taking in atherosclerosis, varicose veins, after a stroke, and myocardial infarction.They are taken as an antipyretic, diaphoretic, choleretic and mild laxative.
currant - a true Russian and very useful berry.