Cholestasis of pregnancy - cause itching to check the condition of bile
If during pregnancy you suffer permanent and severe itching, the reason for this may be cholestasis - a very common disease of the liver occurs only during pregnancy.Cholestasis of pregnancy - a condition in which there is a violation of promoting bile caused by increased levels of pregnancy hormones.In particular cholestasis often observed in the third trimester of pregnancy, when hormone levels peak, and just a few days after birth usually disappears.
Causes of cholestasis
Hormones, the level of which rises in women during pregnancy, affect the normal functioning of the gallbladder, resulting in the promotion of bile is slowed or stopped, there is a bile stasis and stagnation, in turn,can cause the accumulation of bile acids in the liver and their penetration into the blood.
cholestasis of pregnancy is accompanied by a number of characteristic symptoms, including:
- Intense itching, especially the arms and legs (often itchy - one clear sign of cholestasis, which sees woman)
- change in urine color to a darker
- Fatigue, fatigue, exhaustion
- Loss of appetite Depression
much rarer in cholestasis following symptoms:
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin, eyes, mucous membranes)
According to statistics, only one or two cases of the thousands during pregnancy observed cholestasis.Factors that increase the risk of cholestasis of pregnancy include:
- Multiple pregnancy
- history of liver disease or damage
- family history (the presence of cholestasis in the immediate family)
Harmful if cholestasis for a pregnant woman and child
Cholestasis may increase the risk of birth defects, premature birth or stillbirth.The function of excretion of bile acids from the blood of the fetus up to the birth of a child carries the mother liver, so bile stasis in women can have an additional burden on the child's liver and cause damage.In severe forms of cholestasis during pregnancy, your doctor may recommend an artificial call delivery immediately after fetal lung development is completed.
Diagnosis and treatment
for the diagnosis of cholestasis of pregnancy carried out a series of blood tests blood test: the mirror of health , to assess liver function, the level of bile acids and bilirubin Bilirubin - a great tool for the diagnosis .The main goal of treatment - relief of unbearable itching sensations, the main symptom of cholestasis, and means to deal with stagnation of bile.To do this, fit the following treatments:
- protivozudnoe for external use (ointments, creams) or corticosteroid drugs Corticosteroids - what kind of substance and how they affect the human body (suppress itching antihistamines to relieve symptomscholestasis of pregnancy is not recommended)
- Medications that reduce the concentration of bile acids - such as ursodeoxycholic acid
- , strengthens liver health, including traditional medicines (for example, a decoction of dandelion root)
- If severe form of cholestasis causedthe need to call childbirth to term, pre-dexamethasone can be assigned Dexamethasone - one of the most effective glucocorticoids - a steroid that accelerates the development of fetal lung - and vitamin K before birth and after birth, preventing the risk of intracranial outpouring.
Of course, the optimal treatment of cholestasis of pregnancy is able to identify only a doctor.Of great importance in the selection of treatment is played by the following factors:
- course and gestational age, overall health, history of previous diseases
- severity of cholestasis
- reaction to certain medications and procedures
- Forecast of development of cholestasis
Even fully successfultreatment of cholestasis during pregnancy reduces the risk of pregnancy after repeated.According to some estimates, the probability of relapse in the case of the next pregnancy can be up to ninety percent.