The more dangerous drug from acne during pregnancy?
Changes in a woman's body during pregnancy, caused in the first place, swings, increased levels of certain hormones that can trigger the appearance of acne.In normal situations, suitable for the treatment of acne medications with tetracycline tetracycline - a natural broad-spectrum antibiotic , retinoids and isotretinoin, during pregnancy but some of these tools is not recommended.
- Isotretinoin: a form of vitamin A Vitamin A: important element of health and beauty , isotretinoin is a part of medical salves tablets, according to medical research, increases the risk of congenital abnormalities in the child.Isotretinoin can cause defects of the cardiovascular system, central nervous system of the child, as well as increase the risk of miscarriage Miscarriage - whether it can be insured? in early pregnancy and the child's death during childbirth.
- Tretinoin: a little less "aggressive" form of vitamin A, tretinoin as part of medicinal ointments or creams for acne in a small amount into the blood (according to studies, less than ten percent of the substance into the blood of women and can penetrate through the placenta to the baby).Although tretinoin is considered much less dangerous than its nearest "relative" isotretinoin, before use of acne medications with this substance during pregnancy it is necessary to consult a dermatologist.
- Tetracycline: antibiotic used to treat acne and certain infectious diseases of the respiratory tract, can cause a number of health problems of the child - for example, slowing down the natural process of bone formation of the embryo, discoloration of the teeth whitening - miracles are possible, but whether it is desirable? .
When taking acne medication safe?
- Isotretinoin although drugs to combat acne, which is composed of isotretinoin are considered absolutely safe in normal cases, during pregnancy from such funds must be abandoned.In addition, the drugs are contraindicated with isotretinoin and after pregnancy, for the entire period of breastfeeding.
- Tretinoin: because of the structure and origin of tretinoin and isotretinoin are similar, treatment of acne using tretinoin are also encouraged to give up.
- Tetracycline: drugs to combat acne, containing tetracycline during pregnancy is not recommended (it is allowed only in case the medication recommended by your doctor).After pregnancy, lactation, tetracycline can use.
acne medications sold without a prescription
Medicines for the treatment of acne and sold in pharmacies without a prescription, usually contain, low concentrations of active ingredients and therefore relatively safe for a pregnant woman.For example, for the treatment of acne during pregnancy are recommended means of skin care products with benzoyl peroxide.But from the products for the treatment of acne, which include salicylic acid, during pregnancy should be abandoned.