migraine should not be confused with ordinary headaches Headache: causes and complications , or so-called stress pain.Although the exact cause of migraine I have a migraine.What to do? not clear, it is believed that the "culprit" of this type of headache appear to dilate blood vessels in the brain.Before pregnancy is impossible to guess how hormonal changes affect migraine: they may get worse, and disappear during pregnancy.In addition, and pregnancy itself can provoke migraine.In general, women suffer from migraines far more frequently than men.
How to recognize a migraine?
Migraine usually begins with a dull headache, which gradually turns into a throbbing, localized pain in the temples, forehead or neck.The headache may be accompanied by nausea Nausea - there may be problems with the nervous system or, in severe cases, vomiting, flashes in the eyes, blurred vision.
Dangerous if a migraine?
The only danger that can represent a migraine for pregnant women - those occas
- If the headache is accompanied by fever
- If the headache does not disappear within a few hours or migraine attacks occur too often
- if migraine accompanied by visual impairment
How to treat migraine during pregnancy?
The first step is to find out what factors trigger or aggravate migraine - if you find the cause of headaches often can be prevented.Factors that can trigger migraines, often include:
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Weather changes
- Some foods - chocolate, cheese, coffee
Factors that could cause headaches, individual for every pregnant woman.
- medicines for headaches: the majority of drugs designed to suppress migraine during pregnancy is not recommended.The safest remedy for headaches during pregnancy is considered to acetaminophen (paracetamol, non-narcotic analgesic).Pregnant women in any case can not try to cure a headache aspirin Aspirin - a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (unless, of course, this drug is not recommended by a doctor).
treatment of migraine at home
Because most medications taken during pregnancy is not recommended, it is best to try to suppress their own headaches - at home, without the help of drugs.From migraines can help:
- Cold compresses
- cool shower
- relaxation techniques (eg, yoga exercises or meditation)
- Hot compresses