In normal pregnancy the fertilized egg moves through the fallopian tubes Fallopian tubes: an important part of the reproductive system the uterus.Egg attaches to the uterus and begins to grow.And with an ectopic pregnancy egg attaches (or prizhivlyaetsya) somewhere else instead of the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube.(Therefore, it is sometimes called tubal pregnancy).In rare cases, the egg can settle down in the ovary, cervix or abdomen.
Ectopic pregnancy can not be saved.She can not go into a normal pregnancy.If the egg keeps growing in the fallopian tube, it can damage or break it, causing heavy bleeding that can be fatal.If you have an ectopic pregnancy Ectopic pregnancy - Fatal dangerous , you need an urgent intervention to interrupt it before it would entail dangerous problems.
What causes ectopic pregnancy
Ectopic pregnancy can often occur due to damage to the fallopian tubes.The fertilized egg is hard to pass through the damaged pipe, so it can take root and grow ri
The reasons that may be damaged in the fallopian tubes, leading to ectopic pregnancy, the following:
- surgery on tubes or other pelvic organs;
- infertility treatment, namely in vitro fertilization.
What are the signs
In the first few weeks of an ectopic pregnancy is manifested the same symptoms as the normal, namely the delaymenstruation, fatigue, nausea and painful sensations in the breasts.
main symptoms of ectopic pregnancy Ectopic pregnancy - signs following:
- pain in the ovary or in the abdomen.It can be acute first one side and then spread around the lower abdomen.The pain can be amplified when you move or strain.
- vaginal bleeding
If you think you are pregnant and you have the above symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
Urine analysis can show that you are pregnant.To detect an ectopic pregnancy, the doctor will likely do the following:
- examine the abdomen to check the size of your uterus to check pain in the abdomen
- prescribe a blood test to see the level of the pregnancy hormone (hCG).This analysis was repeated two days later.In the early stages of pregnancy levels of this hormone doubles about every two days.Low levels indicate a problem such as ectopic pregnancy.
- conduct an ultrasound examination.It helps to see the full picture of what you have inside the abdominal cavity.Using ultrasound the doctor can see the pregnancy in the uterus for a period of six weeks from the date of your last menstrual period.
the most rasprostranennoe treatments Here - drugs surgery and.In most cases, the doctor immediately interrupts an ectopic pregnancy, so as not to harm the woman.
Medication may be used if pregnancy is detected early enough to damage the pipe.In most cases, one or more injections of a drug called methotrexate abort the pregnancy.The use of such injections can help you avoid surgery, but it can cause side effects.You will need to see a doctor and do blood tests that make sure the medicine worked.
If the pregnancy has lasted for more than a few weeks, it is best to do the surgery, as this is more effective than medication.If possible, the resort to a laparoscopy.This kind of operation is carried out through one or more small holes (slits) in the peritoneal cavity.If you require emergency surgery, the incisions will be more.
What to expect after an ectopic pregnancy
lose pregnancy is always hard, no matter what period it occurs.You will need time to grieve the loss of that and support to get through this.
You may be depressed after an ectopic pregnancy.If you have any symptoms of depression Depression - a little more than a bad mood , lasting more than a few weeks, see your doctor for help.
It is understandable that you will worry about their ability to conceive after an ectopic pregnancy.If you had it, it does not mean that you will not have a normal pregnancy in the future.But this means that:
- you may have a problem in order to get pregnant
- you can again repeat ectopic pregnancy
If you become pregnant again, pobespokoytes about how to tell your doctor about ectopic pregnancy, in whichyou had before.Regular analysis of the first few weeks to help detect the problem at an early stage, or will you understand that your pregnancy is progressing normally.