Mucus - what is the norm for a healthy woman
Any woman should be interested in the nature of their vaginal discharge, and if something happens in time to see a doctor.Unfortunately, not everyone is able to understand the normal and abnormal discharge, which sometimes leads them to panic.Very often women are turning to the gynecologist with complaints of mucus.Although, if you look, mucous discharge is one of the most common variants of the norm.Despite the fact that the vaginal leucorrhea subject to changes in the level of sex hormones and vary depending on the phase of the menstrual cycle, normally they always have a mucous consistency and do not cause inconvenience.
Vaginal discharge is nothing but a reflection of the activities of the female reproductive system, forming as a result of the secretory function of sexual organs.First, the appearance of mucosal secretions is associated with ovarian failure (where synthesized sex hormones).It becomes clear that the rate of girls under the age of one month and up to about ten years, there were no discharge from the genital tract.This period is called the time of physiological rest (ovaries are located in the "sleep" state, menstrual function is absent, and the maturation of eggs does not occur).
After nine years of age when puberty begins Puberty child - stages of a complex path girls in the works include the ovaries, and the teenager appear periodic vaginal discharge.In appearance they resemble raw egg white mucus or congee.With the onset of menstrual discharge becomes cyclical and change its properties in each phase of the cycle.
largest number of mucous secretions observed in one - two days before ovulation Ovulation - How to determine as accurately as possible? and during it.
This is the maximum concentration of estrogen.In just a few days before menstruation discharge milky or type of congee, which is a result of the action of progesterone.Immediately after the end of menstruation amount of bleeding is minimal, as the level of sex hormones dramatically reduced.
composition of vaginal discharge consists of the following components:
- mucus glands of the cervical canal;
- mucus of uterine epithelium;
- mucus Bartholin glands (glands vestibule);
- secretion of sebaceous and sweat glands of the skin of the vulva;
- transudate plasma and lymph (from the pores of the vagina);
- erythrocytes, thrombocytes and leukocytes;
Normal, or physiological, mucus must meet the following criteria:
- their number should not exceed more than two milliliters per day;
- acidic environment (provided by the lactic acid bacteria);
- allocation should be transparent or have a milky color;
- allocation should not smell or have a slightly sour smell;
- vaginal discharge should not cause discomfort (itching and burning genitals, sleep disturbance Dreams: how to understand our dreams , pain during sexual intercourse).
As you know, the vagina has the ability to self-clean.Protective factors are numerous and vagina for any violation of mucus acquire an unpleasant odor, and the patient complains of discomfort of the external genitalia.The mechanism of self-cleansing of the vagina include:
- normal levels of estrogen in the body;
- glycogen in the epithelial cells (produced by lactic acid bacteria);
- presence of lactic acid bacteria and lactic acid;
- certain level of pH, vaginal discharge;
- presence belyah immunity factors.
By the appearance of abnormal mucous secretions in the first place, cause infections, sexually transmitted infections.
In addition, to a violation of vaginal microbiocenosis are: antibiotics and cytotoxic drugs, hormone treatment, endocrine diseases (diabetes, thyrotoxicosis, and others), the use of hormonal contraception and decreased immunity.
Discharge during pregnancy
Normally, mucus during pregnancy Discharge during pregnancy - should not be afraid occur in up to twelve weeks.The color of vaginal discharge may be different as a whitish or yellowish and clear.The consistency of the allocation resemble jelly, thick and often form lumps.This is a result of the action of progesterone.Thick mucous discharge channel is filled with cervical mucosa and form a plug which prevents infection penetrate into the uterine cavity.