Cysts and ovarian tumors: diagnosis and treatment
- cysts and tumors of the ovary: the diagnosis and treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment
ovaries - a small paired organ that produces hormones, including estrogen Estrogen - the key to healthy bones , regulate the menstrual cycle.Each month the ovaries release an egg.The fallopian tube, it enters the uterus, where it can be fertilized.Release of an egg from the ovary is called ovulation Ovulation - How to determine as accurately as possible? .
What causes ovarian cysts?
Most cysts - it looks like a bubble formation in the liquid.They occur quite often, especially in women in their reproductive years.
There are several types of ovarian cysts Varieties of ovarian cysts: detection and treatment .The most common functional cyst.It is formed when the egg comes out of the follicle, and the follicle continues to grow.
Other types of cysts
- polycystic ovary
in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) follicles do not toil norrelease of the egg.PCOS is a common cause of infertility in women causes of infertility in women - and the main predisposing factors .
Endometriosis - a condition where the cells of the inner walls of the uterus are outside of the uterus;often they are attached to the ovaries and grow, forming endometriomas.
cystadenoma cells are formed from the outer walls of the ovaries.They are often filled with liquid.
- dermoid cyst
dermoid cyst contain filigree like tissue forming the skin, hair and teeth.
What causes ovarian cancer?
Tumors formed in the ovaries as well as in all the other bodies.Noncancerous tumors are called benign tumor - malignant.Ovarian tumors are of three types:
- epithelial tumor begins to develop in the cells on the surface of the ovaries.This type of tumor is the most common.
- Germ cell tumors start to grow in the primordial germ cells, which are formed from the egg.
- stromal tumors derived from cells that produce the female hormones.
Doctors no consensus on the causes of ovarian cancer, but they have identified several risk factors, including:
- Age: at-risk postmenopausal women
- childless women or women who do notbreastfed (oral contraceptives greatly reduces this risk)
- Receiving drugs that stimulate ovulation
- Hormone replacement therapy
- ovarian, breast and (or) colorectal cancer in the family or personal history of (even more increases the risk of the presence of the gene BRCA)
Symptoms of ovarian cysts and tumors
ovarian cysts are often asymptomatic.You may not be aware of them until the gynecologist does not find them in the normal course of the survey.Most of the ovarian cysts are harmless and cause problems only when twisted, are beginning to fill with blood or torn.
If you have at least one of the following symptoms, you need to check with a doctor because they may indicate not only on the hands, but also on the tumor in the ovaries.Ovarian cancer often grows much before he was discovered.
Symptoms of ovarian tumors or cysts include:
- Abdominal pain or bloating
- difficulty urinating and / or frequent urination
- dull ache in the lower back
- pain during intercourse
- Painful menstruation andabnormally heavy bleeding
- Weight gain Nausea and vomiting
- loss of appetite, rapid saturation