Utrozhestan Pregnancy: hormonal drug safety
Utrozhestan often prescribed during pregnancy.As far as is necessary and safe for most pregnant woman and her baby?It is no secret that many women are afraid to take any pills, even if they are prescribed by a doctor.But if you understand the mechanism of action of this drug during pregnancy, all questions disappear by themselves.
pregnancy During pregnancy begins to actively stand the female sex hormone progesterone Progesterone - norm and pathology .The main task of progesterone is to prepare the uterus for the introduction of the embryo and the preservation of pregnancy.
uterine wall, as is known, consists of three layers: the inner (mucous membrane), middle (muscle sheath) and outdoor.During pregnancy it expands the inner layer, since there is introduced embryo and muscle layer, which increases the number of muscle fibers, and each fiber increases its volume.This process results in the uterine muscles begin to spontaneously shrink, which may lead to abortion.
but the body provides a mechanism that prevents the muscle contraction of the uterus - is the impact of progesterone.Progesterone inhibits the activity of smooth muscles of internal organs, including muscles of the uterus.If the progesterone produced in the body is not enough, the uterus is often in a state of hyper - increased muscle tone.In such a case, it may help the additional administration of progesterone in the body.But the inconvenience of the traditional progesterone is that it can only be administered by injection, tablets did not happen.And as a long course of treatment, sometimes including a first and second trimesters of pregnancy (ie, up to and including 24 weeks), it is, of course, difficult for a pregnant woman.
Utrozhestan - an adequate substitute for progesterone
Today, the threat of termination of pregnancy prescribe utrozhestan Utrozhestan - corrects the deficiency of progesterone - natural micronized progesterone, which can be taken orally in capsules or introducing the idea of the same capsule into the vagina.
- formation of the normal mucous membrane of the uterus, promoting mucosal cells transition from simple reproduction to the first secretion, and then in the condition necessary for the proper development of the embryo;
- reduce excitability and muscle contractions of the uterus and fallopian tubes;
- stimulation of the breast, helping her prepare for breastfeeding;
- blocking the secretion of other hormones, including pituitary hormones, the female sex hormones estrogen and the male sex hormone androgen suppression of the new egg maturation and ovulation Ovulation - How to determine as accurately as possible? ;
- increase in urine output - by stimulating the adrenal glands.
Utrozhestan during pregnancy is harmless, it does not cause weight gain, fluid retention, high blood pressure and malformations in the fetus.
duration and shape of the receiving doctor establishes utrogestan based on examinations of women and blood tests for hormones.Most often receive utrogestan limit the first trimester (first 12 weeks) of pregnancy, but in some cases the duration of the course is extended until the end of the second trimester.Cancel the drug gradually as abrupt withdrawal can cause a surge of muscle contractions and miscarriage.
side effects and contraindications for pregnant
When receiving utrogestan in pregnant women may experience the following side effects: fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness in one - three hours after receiving utrogestan;it prevents the implementation of works that require attention, such as driving a car.
Reception utrogestan should be discontinued if there:
- impairment - double vision, reducing the field of view;
- clots anywhere in the body, such as thrombosis;
- severe headache or migraine (pain half of the head).
Contraindications utrogestan are:
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- began miscarriage;
- porphyria (intolerance to light);
- suspected malignancy of breast or genital organs;
- varicose veins, a tendency to thrombosis and thrombophlebitis;
- severe liver disease in violation of its functions.
wary appoint utrozhestan in diseases of the cardiovascular system, including high blood pressure, kidney function, diabetes, epilepsy, persistent depressed mood (depression), disorders of lipid metabolism.
Utrozhestan - safe hormonal drug Hormonal drugs - not just contraceptives , which is now successfully used in pregnancy to prevent an interruption.